Monday, April 3, 2017

4/3/2017 Blog #22 **Most recommended blog to read for future teams**

Hi,
this week I came into the Design Center: Sunday 10 AM-5 PM, Tuesday 4-7 PM, Thursday 4-8:30 PM. I grinded out a lot of the welds because the bogie's bearings got stuck wherever there were welds. I drilled and countersunk an innumerable amount of holes into the second track. I measured, scored, and cut a bunch of aluminum pieces to fit the new corners. I grinded a bunch of rough/dangerous surfaces. I did a bunch of test-runs with the bogie to check tolerances and smoothness. Honestly, it has been one huge blur and I can't remember every specific thing I did to tabulate properly. However, my advice to next year's team would be to try assembling and disassembling once in the beginning of the semester just to get an idea of how long/inconvenient the process is. The physical aspect takes WAY longer than expected and I do not know how to emphasize that anymore than I already am.

No comments:

Post a Comment